Claire began her academic studies at York University and successfully completed her Specialized Honours BSc in Kinesiology and Health Sciences as well as a diploma in the Sport Therapy Certificate Program, followed by her national certification.
In September 2000, Claire began working at Women’s College Hospital in the Sport C.A.R.E. department and began her private home based practice.
Fifteen years ago, to compliment her clinical practice, she began working with elite women’s hockey and was appointed as the Manger of Player Health and Safety for the Canadian Women’s Hockey League. In addition to treating numerous Olympic level hockey players, she also oversees all medical aspects of the league.
While continuing to build her practice, which includes a roster of roughly 10,000 patients, Claire completed her diploma as an Osteopathic Manual Practitioner. Her thesis entitled : The Effects of Osteeopathic Treatment on the Quality of Life in Patients with Scleroderma and Idiopathic Pulmonary Hypertension, won a prestigious award within the Osteopathic community and was the first of it’s kind to be conducted within a hospital setting (Toronto General Hospital). In addition, this research appeared as a Poster Presentation at the American Thoracic Society conference in 2008.
Presently, she is attending York University to complete her Masters of Science in Kinesiology and Health Science. Her present research is entitled: The Effects of a Specific Exercise Program on Shoulder Function for Breast Cancer Survivors, 6-9 Post-Mastectomy. This study is fully affiliated with and has been approved by the Research Ethics Board at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto.
- Specialized Honours BSc in Kinesiology and Health Sciences
- Certified Athletic Therapist (C.A.T.(c)
- Osteopathic Manual Practitioner (D.O.M.P.)
- Registered Kinesiologist (R.Kine)
- Poster Presentation of Osteopathic Research for the Annual American Thoracic Association Society (May 2008)
- Osteopathic Thesis Award Winner (2009)
- Current Graduate Student at York University (M. Sc)
- Manager of Player Health and Safety (C.W.H.L.)
- 5th Degree Black Belt, Master Level Practitioner (2015)
- Pan-Am Games Head Competition Therapist for Karate, Judo, Wrestling, Tae Kwon Do (2015)
- Former Head Therapist of the Toronto Furies and Brampton Thunder (C.W.H.L.)
- Current medical and rehabilitative consultant for various organizations (Flynn Canada Ltd., W.S.I.B., Barnmice.com, Oh Baby! Magazine, Northern Karate School, All In One)
- Affiliate lecturer at York University, Toronto, Ontario
- Former Head Therapist for Canadian Karate Team, and Ontario Rugby Union
- Chosen as one of 8 women in North America to compete at the Arnold Classic in a nationally televised Karate Competition, ESPN (1995)
- First Responder